Dallas Wrongful Death Attorney
The loss of a loved one is the most devastating event that can happen throughout your life. It is difficult to imagine a life without your loved one, and it is often difficult to move forward. Our Dallas wrongful death attorney at The Benton Law Firm understand how difficult this time is for you and are here to help you pick up the pieces and ensure the person responsible for your loved one’s injuries is held accountable.
Wrongful Death Causes
Wrongful death refers to the death of a person caused by the negligent or misconduct of another person or company. Family members who were dependent on the person killed are entitled to seek monetary compensation for their loss. Wrongful deaths occur in the following types of situations:
- Motor vehicle accidents: drivers throughout the state of Texas have a duty to operate their vehicle according to traffic laws, including driving the speed limit, keeping free of distractions, and ensuring all parts of their vehicle are up to date. Drivers have a responsibility to safeguard against injury to any person on the road, whether that be another driver, pedestrian, or bicyclist.
- Slip and fall accidents or premises liability: as a home or business owner, you have a duty to ensure that your property is free from any defects that can lead to injuries. If your property has a dangerous defect, you must let anyone visiting your property aware of the defect.
- Medical malpractice: We trust our lives to healthcare professionals who have a duty to provide treatment and care in accordance to certain medical standards. If your healthcare professional failed to meet these standards, you have a potential claim against the doctor, hospital, and other health care professional responsible for any injuries.
- Workplace accidents: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) carefully examines workplaces to ensure they are in compliance with safety standards. Any violations can lead to liability against your loved one’s employer for any injuries they received at their workplace which resulted in wrongful death.
- Defective products and products liability cases: Manufacturers and distributors have a duty of care to ensure that any defective products do not make their way into the stream of commerce. Any potential injury or death that can result from a product must be clearly labeled on the product as a warning.
- Criminal acts: Violent acts such as assault or homicide are prosecuted in criminal court, but the family can additionally seek compensation in civil court for the loss of their loved one.
The Benton Law Firm | Dallas, Texas Wrongful Death Attorney
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person, do not hesitate to contact our attorney at The Benton Law Firm. You may be entitled to compensation for your loved one’s injuries and should not have to suffer through this traumatic time alone. Our Dallas injury attorney has years of experience in handling wrongful death cases and will work tirelessly to develop a claim for your loved one’s injuries. Contact our Dallas offices today for your initial free consultation. While a wrongful death claim will not bring your loved one back, it can begin the healing process and allow you the peace of mind you need to slowly begin moving forward.