Dallas Mechanical Defects and Malfunctions Lawyers
In a world where we constantly worry about external factors like distracted driving, drunk driving, and general disregard of traffic laws, the health and maintenance of vehicles is often overlooked. Cars are complex machines that require regular upkeep and attention and, unfortunately, too many drivers neglect to take good care of their cars.
Even more dangerous, however, is when maintenance shops don’t notice faulty parts or do a poor job of repairing or replacing them. These oversights and mistakes can result in disastrous accidents, potential injury, or even death.
The attorneys at The Benton Law Firm know that car accidents, particularly those that are entirely preventable with regular vehicular maintenance, are frustrating and can be devastating in light of serious injury or fatality. Our legal team is experienced and devoted to securing our client the compensation they may be eligible for.
If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident caused by a mechanical defect, contact Jeff Benton and his experienced legal team at The Benton Law Firm to discuss your case at (214) 777-7777. We can also be reached by online chat or email. The initial consultation is free.
WHY CHOOSE The Benton Law Firm TO HANDLE MY MECHANICAL DEFECTS AND MALFUNCTIONS CASE?
Jeff Benton is one of Dallas’s premier trial attorneys, with years of litigation experience.
After graduating from the University of Houston Law Center, where he served on the Houston Law Review, Jeff went on to clerk for The Honorable Andrew S. Hanen in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
Jeff founded The Benton Law Firm to help people who sustained serious and personal injuries due to no fault of their own. Jeff is committed to providing exceptional legal services to his clients through hard work and attention to detail.
He is not afraid of the “Big Law” adversaries who try to keep those who deserve compensation from recovering what they are owed. This trait has earned him the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association’s John Howie award for the courageous pursuit of justice in the face of adversity in 2013.
Jeff’s achievements and reputation earned him the title as one of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas 2018” by D Magazine. He was also named as one of Expertise’s Best Personal Injury Attorneys in Dallas in 2019 and 2020.
Jeff and his legal team at The Benton Law Firm are proud of the fact that so many clients choose our Dallas personal injury attorneys to represent them during very difficult periods in their lives. Our attorneys take this responsibility seriously and pride ourselves on delivering exceptional results for all of our clients.
You can read what our clients have to say about us here.
Common Mechanical Failures
Operating a vehicle with damaged or faulty parts is a risk to the driver as well as everyone else on the road. Common mechanical issues that cause serious accidents include:
- Faulty brakes: Brakes can wear out very easily with overzealous use and lack of maintenance. Brake pads, which are the key component to a car’s braking system, are the part that applies pressure and friction against the rotors to slow or stop them. If ignored, the wear of these pads will eventually cause the pad to make less contact with the rotor, preventing it from being able to slow or stop the vehicle.
- Steering failure: A car’s steering system relies on the interaction between various parts, including the steering linkage, ball joints, rods, and power steering pump. When any of these parts become misaligned or if the power steering fluid reservoir gets low, the car becomes less responsive and its ability to move in the way the driver directs it decreases.
- Tires: Even more so than brakes, tires can become worn extremely easily depending on the terrain, the weight of the car, and the driver’s typical care for them. Tires provide traction, so whenever the treads become worn or road conditions become dangerous – such as in extreme rain, snow, or ice – the ability of the tires decreases. It is the responsibility of the driver to make sure their treads are good and that their car is equipped to handle harsh weather conditions (e.g. using snow chains, using studded tires, etc.).
- Malfunctioning wipers: Although drivers can’t control the weather, drivers are responsible for making sure that they can drive safely in certain weather conditions. Faulty or missing wipers can cause a driver’s view of the road to become obscured and lead to disastrous wrecks.
- Burned out head or tail lights: It can be easy for drivers to neglect their lights, especially tail lights, simply because they cannot see if they are working or not when driving. However, these lights contribute greatly to other drivers’ ability to determine the presence and motion of the car. When these lights are burned out, it puts the safety of other drivers in jeopardy.
These are only a few of the most common mechanical malfunctions that can cause vehicular accidents on the road. Often times, these defects and glitches can be easily fixed; however, when a driver is negligent or a mechanic is careless, the lives of other drivers and passengers are at risk.
Frequently Asked Questions
We often receive questions about car accidents related to mechanical defects or malfunctions. Following are some of the most common questions we receive about these cases. If you have any additional questions about your accident or case, don’t hesitate to contact our attorneys at (214) 777-7777.
How long do I have to file a claim for my injuries?
In Texas, people who sustained injuries in an accident, including an accident caused by common defects and malfunctions, have exactly two years from the date of the accident to bring a claim, or they will forever be barred from doing so. It is important to contact the personal injury attorneys at The Benton Law Firm as soon as feasibly possible after your accident to ensure that you do not miss any pertinent filing deadlines.
Do I have to pay The Benton Law Firm for their services upfront?
No. The attorneys at The Benton Law Firm understand that you are likely facing financial challenges at this time. We work on a contingency basis, which means we will not recover a fee unless we obtain a settlement or a verdict on your behalf. If we don’t win your case, you won’t owe us anything.
What type of compensation am I entitled to?
If you were injured in an accident due to common mechanical defects or malfunctions, you are entitled to a monetary award for your pain and suffering. Also, depending on the particular circumstances of your case, you may be able to recover money you have paid toward your medical treatment, and any income you have lost because of the accident.
Dallas Mechanical Defects and Malfunctions Attorney
At The Benton Law Firm, our attorneys understand car accidents can result in injury or death, which can be devastating, especially when these collisions are preventable with proper car maintenance. If you or a loved one has been a victim of a car accident due to a mechanical fault, know that you may be eligible to pursue a personal injury lawsuit to receive financial compensation. Contact our Dallas office today at (214) 777-7777 to discuss your situation and explore your legal options.