The Benton Law Firm represents people who have been hurt in an accident in Brownsville and the surrounding areas. Our attorneys have the experience, skill, and resources necessary to get you the compensation you need to pay your medical bills, support yourself and your family, and move on with your life.
We don’t want anyone to feel alone following an accident and we’re dedicated to helping our friends and neighbors in the Brownsville community. A personal injury lawyer with The Benton Law Firm is prepared to take on your case, no matter whether it’s against an individual who wronged you or a commercial entity. An unexpected injury or accident should not derail your life, and you have the right to receive compensation for the injuries you’ve suffered. We are dedicated to holding negligent parties responsible in the Dallas area—this is our home, and we want it to be safe.
Since its formation in 2012, The Benton Law Firm has been dedicated to protecting the citizens of Brownsville and the surrounding area after a serious accident. The firm’s founder, Jeff Benton, spent his legal career working in Texas, and he understands the importance of helping fellow Texans remain financially secure. The Dallas Trial Lawyers Association recognized his outstanding skills, in 2013, with an award for “the courageous pursuit of justice in the face of adversity.” Through his work and the work of his associates, The Benton Law Firm has been able to help hundreds of individuals across the state of Texas.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a serious injury after an accident, you need a personal injury lawyer to help protect your rights. With a 100% free evaluation of your case, our firm can help you understand the steps you need to take moving forward. Do not hesitate to contact our Brownsville personal injury attorneys through online chat, email, or on the phone, at (956) 230-6390.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
After an accident, you may be suffering from significant physical and emotional damages. You will only be able to fully heal from these damages if you have the appropriate time to rest and recuperate after your accident. Unfortunately, during this time, you must also make quick decisions about filing a lawsuit and completing insurance claims. This can be an overwhelming task to complete when you are not at your best, and a personal injury attorney is prepared to help. They are able to focus their time and attention on your case and act as your advocate, while you focus on recovery.
Why Choose The Benton Law Firm to Handle My Case?
We understand how difficult the decision can be to hire an attorney, and which one can be one of the most important decisions. You need a lawyer who is dedicated to understanding your case and has a strong record of success. With a local office in Brownsville, The Benton Law Firm can offer the personal attention you need throughout the legal process. Additionally, our attorneys have had significant success assisting clients with a variety of personal injury cases and helping them receive maximum compensation. We have dedicated ourselves to protecting our clients, and we are prepared to help you reach a positive verdict.
Types of Cases We Handle
There is a multitude of different circumstances that could result in an accident or injury. Our lawyers are experienced in a wide variety of personal injury practice areas, and we are ready to help you no matter your circumstances. Some of the cases we most commonly handle include:
- Car accidents: another person’s careless actions on the road may cause serious damage to your property and your person
- Work injuries: many jobs come with safety risks, but these can be exacerbated when workers and managers do not take safety precautions
- Wrongful death: the death of a loved one is always devastating, but it is even more so when their death was the result of another person’s negligence
- Truck accidents: commercial trucks pose many additional threats on the road and can easily cause serious accidents to occur
- Dog bites: when an owner does not properly train their dog or prevent bad behavior, they place everyone at risk of a serious dog bite
- Burn injuries: from boiling water to fires and electrical charges, burns can cause serious damage to your skin and internal organs
- Brain injuries: whether you were playing a contact sport or were hit by a hard object, a brain injury can permanently impact every part of your life
- Boat accidents: boats can be a fun weekend getaway, but when they are used irresponsibly they can seriously harm anyone onboard or nearby
- Sexual Harassment: this behavior comes in many forms, ranging from uncomfortable to unsafe, but no matter the circumstances it is completely unacceptable
- Motorcycle accidents: although many drivers are becoming more aware of driving near motorcycles, some still engage in risky behaviors that put motorcyclists in danger
- Pedestrian accidents: every pedestrian has the right to feel safe while near the road, and yet many drivers do not take pedestrian right of way seriously and cause serious injuries and fatalities
- Bicycle accidents: although bikers are legally protected while riding on the road, drivers still make risky maneuvers near bicycles that can lead to an accident
- Child injuries: parents do everything they can to protect their children, but sometimes despite their best efforts, products, people, or unexpected circumstances still can hurt a child
- Drug injuries: we expect the drugs that we take to be fully tested and safe, but unfortunately many still have dangerous interactions that have disastrous results
- Spinal cord injuries: the spinal cord impacts your ability to move nearly every other part of your body, and an injury to this area can permanently alter your abilities
- Xarelto: this drug has been linked to bleeding injuries that may have serious and even life-threatening results
- Slip and fall: when a company or individual fails to create a safe environment, they expose everyone to the possibility of a serious slip and fall injury
- Premises liability: although we expect the locations we enter to be safe, another person’s negligence or carelessness can result in a dangerous environment
- Product liability: manufacturers may make their best efforts to create safe and effective products, but this cannot prevent inherent design risks or individual flaws
- Commercial litigation: when a business discussion has gone poorly, you need a lawyer on your side to defend your rights and your company
- False imprisonment: if you have ever be held against your will without a specified and legal reason, you have the right to fight back
Even if none of these descriptions seem to fit the specifics of your case, do not hesitate to contact our office. We offer a free evaluation of your case, during which we can determine the best legal action for you to take.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Receive?
After any kind of accident, you may be facing a significant number of expenses, which can have a serious impact on your overall financial stability. Fortunately, the compensation you receive after an accident can help you pay for these expenses and keep you and your loved ones secure. There are two categories of compensation a person can receive: short-term and long-term. These expenses will either appear immediately after an accident or in the weeks, months, or even years following and can be temporary or permanent. Compensation most commonly covers damages such as:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Personal property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of working ability
- Long-term care
The exact amount and type of compensation you receive for your accident will depend on the specifics of your case. In order to better understand what amount of money you may be entitled to, contact a personal injury lawyer.
Brownsville Personal Injury Statistics
There are a great number of drivers on the road across Texas, so one of the most common personal injury cases revolve around vehicle accidents. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (DOT), 14,203 crashes resulted in serious injuries, and there were 3,773 fatalities on Texas roads, in 2016. Both of these numbers represent an increase in injuries and fatalities from the previous year. In the city of Brownsville alone, the DOT reported 4,105 crashes in 2016. Of these crashes, 104 people suffered from incapacitating injuries, and 15 people were killed. If you or one of your loved ones was involved in one of these accidents, you should still discuss the case with one of the attorneys at The Benton Law Firm to see if you’ve passed the statute of limitations.
If you or a loved one has experienced a serious accident or injury, you do not have the handle the consequences alone. The Brownsville personal injury lawyers at The Benton Law Firm are ready to help you understand your rights and build your legal case so that you can receive appropriate compensation. You will not pay us anything until we win your case, so there is no risk to you when you seek the help you need through us. To set up your free evaluation contact us by email, live chat, or call (956) 230-6390, today.