There is no better way to relax and unwind than by spending a day on the open water. Pack your sunscreen and your refreshments, but leave the playlist to us. Here is our list of the best boating tunes:
1. “All Summer Long” by Kid Rock. You do not have to spend your summertime in northern Michigan to appreciate the devil-may-care sentiments about the year’s best season.
2. “Pirates of the Caribbean” Theme. The soundtrack from the blockbuster Disney hit is sure to put you in the mood for a swashbuckling time on the high seas. Just remember to bring your rum.
3. “Let It Be” by The Beatles. This one is perfect for letting the cares of the world melt away as the shore fades from sight. You might want an encore as you return from your voyage to confront the real world again.
4. “Come Sail Away” by Styx. This classic rock epic is a self-explanatory requirement for any complete boating playlist. Urgency or not, setting any open course to maritime bliss is not complete without this song.
5. “Redneck Yacht Club” by Craig Morgan. Not every seafarer’s dream requires a 45-footer with a martini in hand. Sometimes all it takes is a vessel that floats and a cold beer to make your own personal yacht.
6. “Knee Deep” by Zac Brown Band. This crooning medley featuring Jimmy Buffet will please country fans and pop lovers alike.
7. “School’s Out” by Alice Cooper. This quintessential summer anthem is the cure for what ails you. Whether it is a cruel gym teacher or a nagging boss, leave your class and principles behind for the day.
8. “Changes in Attitudes, Changes in Latitudes” by Jimmy Buffett. Face it; no boating playlist is complete without the grand parrot head himself. Just as the sights of the shore start to fade from the horizon, your cares from the world start to melt away as you pop in this song.
9. “Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay” by Otis Redding. A song does not have to be specifically about boating to be a worthwhile addition to a nautical playlist. This crooning number by the iconic Redding is a classic anthem for summer.
10. “Surfin’ USA” by The Beach Boys. This oldie always screams summer fun. Its catchy beat makes it a popular surf tune.
11. “Lazy, Hazy, Crazy, Days of Summer” by Nat King Cole. This classic has an anthem we can get behind. Soda, pretzels, and beer, anyone?
12. “Summer of ’69” by Bryan Adams. Whether it is your “first real six string” or just your first time out on the water for the season, this tune evokes the kind of nostalgic vibe perfect for a day on the water.
13. “Summer Nights” by John Travolta and Olivia Newton John. Perfect for a sunset cruise, this song from the “Grease” soundtrack is sure to make you want to bring your poodle skirt out of storage.
14. “Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini” by Bryan Hyland. This 1960 hit details the perfect outfit for wearing on the stern to catch some rays – just bring the sunscreen.
15. “Party in the U.S.A.” by Miley Cyrus. Regardless of her current image in the press, the former Hannah Montana star has produced at least one infectious summer anthem.
16. “Float On” by Modest Mouse. This 90s indie rock band made its mark with this hit, which adds a bit of edge to any playlist.
17. “Margaritaville” by Jimmy Buffet. Sometimes you just need a song where the biggest problem the singer faces is a blown out flip-flop.
18. “Peaceful Easy Feeling” by The Eagles. This should be the way everyone feels once they get out on the water.
19. “Soak up the Sun” by Sheryl Crow. Take a break from the testosterone with this crooning hit from the country superstar.
20. “Let the Good Times Roll” by The Cars. Enough said.
Grab your vessel and some refreshments, and take to high seas! What are your favorite boating songs?