Allen Personal Injury Attorneys
Allen, Texas, is an exciting place to live. From its businesses and restaurants to its proximity to the Metroplex, Allen offers its more than 101,000 residents many exciting opportunities. Unfortunately, these citizens don’t live without risk; many people are injured in accidents every day.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident through no fault of your own, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. The Allen personal injury attorneys of The Benton Law Firm are here to help. We can help you gather evidence, build a compelling case, and plan for the future as you seek reimbursement for your damages. To take the first step towards claiming the compensation that belongs to you, call us at (214) 777-7777 today.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
Handling a personal injury case on your own can be a difficult process. Between reaching out to insurance companies, communicating with law enforcement, and taking time to recover from your injuries, it can be stressful to handle all your claim-related responsibilities while trying to figure out the proper course of action. At The Benton Law Firm, we’re committed to guiding you through each step of the legal process. Our years of experience, wide range of connections, and many successful legal strategies are all resources that become available to you when you hire an attorney from The Benton Law Firm.
In addition, it’s important that you have an attorney you can trust. At The Benton Law Firm, we do everything we can to ensure your information is handled with the highest confidentiality. We’re also committed to managing all communication on your behalf. Instead of leaving you to deal with any of the involved parties, our personal injury attorneys will handle communication for you so that your information can be protected and you can avoid any accidental self-incrimination.
Why Choose The Benton Law Firm?
At The Benton Law Firm, we’ve been recognized for our excellence among both local and national law firms. We’ve received a 10.0 Superb rating from Avvo Lawyer Ratings, are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and were named the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Dallas in 2019.
Our founding attorney, Jeff Benton, is dedicated to protecting clients’ rights, regardless of their background or financial status. He was recognized by the Dallas Trial Lawyers’ Association in 2013 and was named one of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” by D Magazine in 2018. Benton’s hard work in each case he takes on has proven him to be an invaluable member of the The Benton Law Firm team.
What to Do if You’ve Been Injured
If you have been injured through no fault of your own, there are several important steps to take to ensure an efficient and more streamlined process for pursuing compensation.
- Check the scene. Call emergency services so that they can administer medical care to those who need it and ensure a safe environment.
- Gather evidence. Take photos of the scene. You’ll want to document your injuries and any property damage that the accident caused.
- Protect yourself. Avoid speaking to other parties involved in the accident more than is necessary. If you were in an automobile accident, try not to speak to the other driver except to exchange insurance information. This will protect you from accidental admissions of guilt or self-incrimination.
- Call a personal injury attorney. After you’ve gathered evidence and taken a few days to recover, call one of our personal injury attorneys. We’ll help you determine the best course of action for your personal injury case.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
There are many types of accidents in which you may be wrongfully injured. A few examples of such accidents include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Wrongful death
- Brain injuries
- Bicycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Burn accidents
- Injured child accidents
- Commercial litigation
- Dog bites
- Drug injury and pharmaceutical liability
- False imprisonment
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Sexual harassment
- Workplace accidents
Types of Compensation
If you’ve been wrongfully injured, there are two main types of compensation you might expect for your damages. Depending on the nature of your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for economic and/or noneconomic damages.
- Economic damages are the specific financial costs associated with an accident. Examples of these damages include the cost to repair damaged property, medical expenses, and any lost income or wages due to recovery time for an accident. The best way to document these damages is to keep track of repairs receipts, medical records, and pay stubs or timecards.
- Noneconomic damages are the costs associated with the intangible mental and emotional costs of an accident, such as pain and suffering that you may experience as a result of an accident. Examples of such losses include emotional distress, psychological trauma, loss of mobility, or loss of enjoyment of life.
Personal Injury FAQs
Many of our clients come to us with questions about pursuing compensation. We’ve answered some of the ones we hear most frequently for you below.
How much is my personal injury case worth?
Because no two accidents are the same, so there’s no set amount of compensation that you might expect for your injuries and/or damages. The best way to ensure you receive the appropriate amount of compensation is to document all your economic and noneconomic damages and contact an attorney to represent you as soon after your accident as you can.
What if I’m partially at fault?
The state of Texas functions on the basis of modified comparative negligence. If you share some responsibility for the accident and your case goes to court, the court will determine what percentage of fault you share. Then, any amount of damages they say you’re entitled to will be reduced by the percentage of fault they assigned you. For instance, if you are entitled to $200,000 in damages, but a jury determines that you are 30% liable for the accident, you would be entitled to no more than $140,000 in compensation. If your share of the fault is more than 50%, you won’t be eligible for any compensation at all.
What are some specific types of compensation I might expect?
There are several things for which you might seek compensation in a personal injury case. Examples of these include any rehabilitation or therapy, long-term care requirements, medical bills, lost wages due to recovery time, or any emotional pain and suffering you experience as a result of an accident.
Call The Benton Law Firm Today
If you or someone you love has been wrongfully injured in an accident, contact the personal injury attorneys of The Benton Law Firm today. We will work tirelessly to help you get the justice you deserve. Call (214) 777-7777 to set up a free consultation today.