Brownsville Premises Liability Attorneys
If you were injured while on someone else’s property, The Benton Law Firm can help. Property owners have a duty to keep those who are on their property safe. If they fail to do this, they owe it to the person injured on their property to help them recover.
If you or a loved one have been injured while on another’s property, you may have a claim to recover. When you enter another’s property, you have the right to be safe, and if this right is violated, you can seek retribution. You should not have to bear the costs of another person’s failure to keep their property safe. Call the Brownsville premises liability attorneys with The Benton Law Firm today at (956) 230-6390 to set up a consultation. We will fight for you, and help you get the compensation that you deserve.
Why Hire An Attorney?
If you have been injured on another’s property, whether it is their home or business, you have the right to recover. However, the other party will likely be reluctant to pay you what they owe. They may try to convince you to accept less than you deserve, and may try to pressure you into taking a bad deal. They may even try to argue that your injury did not occur on their property or that you were responsible for your own injury. You will need someone with legal knowledge and experience to make sure you get everything that you deserve.
Legal firms and the attorneys that they employ have years of legal knowledge and experience to draw upon to represent their clients. They can tell a good deal from a bad one and can fight to get you everything that you are owed. You do not need to go into legal negotiations blind. Let a lawyer lend you their experience so you can get the best outcome possible.
Why Choose The Benton Law Firm
The Benton Law Firm has dedicated itself to protecting our clients for years. Our experienced personal injury attorneys fight tirelessly to get our clients the results that they deserve so they can properly recover from their injuries. We have won millions of dollars for clients and have helped to ensure that they can recover properly from their injuries, including one million in an individual premises liability case. Take it from our satisfied clients; we know how to get results for you . Contact us today at (956) 230-6390 so we can set up a consultation and hear your side of the events. We will start building the best case we can for you and start you on your road to recovery.
Cases We Handle
Premises liability cases involve a person being harmed on another person’s property in some way. This usually involves unsafe conditions on the property itself, including:
- Tripping hazards, such as loose cables
- Uneven floors
- Naked cables, causing electrocution
- Unsecured swimming pools or fountains
- Unsafe construction sites
- Elevator malfunction
- Inadequate security, allowing assault
- Dog attacks
In order to prove a premises liability claim, you must be able to prove that the property owner owed you a duty of care, failed to fulfill that duty, and their failure caused you significant injuries and harm. This means that if you were trespassing on the property, it may be harder to recover compensation for your injuries.
Furthermore, Texas uses the doctrine of modified comparative negligence to determine fault. This means that if your own negligence partially contributed to your injuries, your award will be reduced by the percentage you are found to be at fault. For example, if you tripped over a loose wire, but you were looking at your phone, you may be found to be 20% at fault for the accident. If you would have received $10,000 in compensation, it would be reduced by 20%, leaving you with $8,000. If you are found to be 51% or more responsible, you will be barred from recovering anything.
The opposing party may use these tools to try to prevent you from recovering compensation, but a lawyer from The Benton Law Firm can help defend your rights and ensure that you recover as much compensation as possible in your case.
What You Should Do If You Are Injured
Recovering for a premises liability case can be a lengthy process, but there are a few ways to make recovery a bit easier. These steps can help you and The Benton Law Firm a lot, so try to follow through with them as quickly as possible.
- Contact the authorities or ambulance. This will get a record of the incident recorded and will get you the immediate help that you need.
- Document the scene of the accident, taking as many pictures as possible. This will help prove that the owner was liable for your injury, and is especially important if the cause of your injury was something that could quickly disappear, such as a spill.
- Contact your insurance provider and let them know about the incident. The insurance payouts will help tide you over until you can properly recover. It will also provide useful information on how much you deserve in any settlement reached.
- Record any expenses that you incur because of the incident. These expenses include medical costs, lost wages, and property damage from the incident. At least some of your compensation will be based on the monetary harm that you have suffered, so these records will prove valuable in getting you everything that you deserve.
- Contact The Benton Law Firm as soon as you can. Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases like premises liability. If you do not file your claim within this time, you could lose out on your compensation. Do not wait, contact us now so we can get you what you deserve.
Even if you are unable to complete all of these steps, a lawyer from The Benton Law Firm can help determine the best course of action in your case.
If you or a loved one have been injured on another person’s property, you may have a right to compensation. At The Benton Law Firm, we will represent you in negotiations with the property owner and, if necessary, in court. You deserve the best possible legal representation, and The Benton Law Firm can offer it to you. Do not wait, call us today at (956) 230-6390 so we can start building a strong case for you and get you all of the compensation that you will need to recover from your incident. Our Brownsville attorneys are standing by to help you.