Dallas Boating Refueling Explosions Lawyer
You may be entitled to financial compensation if you or a loved one has been injured in a boating accident involving a refueling explosion in the DFW area. The Dallas area boating accident lawyers of The Benton Law Firm are here to help you understand your legal options. We will build a case to help you win the compensation you need to recover from your injuries and lost wages.
Boating should be a fun, recreational activity with family and friends. Unfortunately, poor safety standards and negligent operators can often lead to accidents that cause injuries or worse. These injuries can force you to take time off from work. You may incur steep medical costs and strain your family’s finances and morale. If you were injured in a boating refueling accident due to another’s carelessness, contact the Dallas area boating accident lawyers of The Benton Law Firm at (214) 777-7777 today. Or start a live chat with one of our online representatives to discuss your case.
Why do I need a lawyer for my boating accident case?
A qualified boating accident lawyer can often make the difference in getting you the compensation you need to recover. They will know personal injury law and the settlement process to help you better understand your legal options. Ideally, a knowledgeable and experienced boating accident lawyer will take the facts of your case and work with you to build a case. That will give you the best chance of getting a fair settlement with the insurance companies.
Of course, having a lawyer does not guarantee compensation. However, a lawyer will better understand how to communicate with the insurance companies. Often they are not working in your best interest. Insurance companies want to pay out as little as possible. They will often look for ways to reduce the settlement payout or move to get the case dismissed altogether. They can occasionally even turn to dirty tactics such as monitoring your activities to establish that the extent of the injuries is not as severe as you claim. In these cases, a lawyer can help you to understand what to do and what not to do during the settlement negotiating process or in court.
How can The Benton Law Firm help me?
The Dallas boating accident refueling explosion lawyers of The Benton Law Firm have the knowledge and experience to help you through a boating accident case. We can help you win the compensation you and your family need to recover. We understand that such an accident can often mean significant setbacks, and we are here to help.
Managing partner Jeff Benton understands that in personal injury cases, individuals are often outmatched by corporate lawyers. Many insurance companies believe they can intimidate the plaintiff into silence. Attorney Benton has shown that what they believe to be superior legal resources isn’t always the case. Our firm’s track record of success proves it. As a result, The Benton Law Firm is a member of the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. That showcases our track record of bringing down large settlements for clients. Named by D Magazine as one of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas” for 2018, the legal team of The Benton Law Firm is ready to assist you with your boating accident case.
Given that we are a firm with the knowledge and resources to win, we can also provide exceptional service. We maintain a perfect 10 rating on Avvo’s legal services website. It aggregates results, reviews, and our team’s legal experience. With no case quotas and dedicated staff, we can bring this level of service, and our clients appreciate the results.
Types of refueling accident cases we handle
The Benton Law Firm has the resources and experience to handle a variety of boating refueling accident cases.
- Protocol Breach: If the boat operator was refueling either without closing all inside compartments, checking for fuel leaks, or turning the engine off, this represents a breach of the general safety protocol for refueling a boat. Poor safety precautions could be to blame if you were injured in a refueling explosion and were in the area around the boat.
- Passengers on board: In almost any circumstance, passengers should not be aboard a boat when refueled. You might be entitled to compensation if you or someone you know was injured on a boat while it was being refueled.
- Manufacturer Error: Sometimes, even when all safety precautions are followed, a manufacturer error can lead to a fuel explosion on a boat. The refueling equipment, as well as the equipment on board the boat, such as the fuel tank and other components of the engine that handle the fuel, can all contain defects that can lead to a refueling explosion. For these cases, a thorough safety investigation is often required to establish that the explosion was not merely a user error.
You should speak to a lawyer immediately if you were involved in a refueling explosion accident.
How is fault determined in a boating accident case?
Like any other personal injury case, proving fault in a boating accident case involves establishing that someone acted negligently. Negligence is a specific legal term, generally taken to mean that someone did something a reasonable person would not have done under similar circumstances. As a result, this action directly led to harm. Generally, to prove that someone is at fault and acted negligently, we will have to prove the following:
- There was a legal duty on the defendant’s part to provide something, such as security or maintain general safety. For example, in the case of a refueling explosion, the defendant had a legal duty to ensure that the boat was refueled safely.
- The defendant breached this legal duty by acting in a certain way. Such as failing to perform specific safety requirements.
- This specific action on the part of the defendant that breached their duty of care caused you or your loved one to be injured.
- Because of these injuries, you have suffered damages. You must demonstrate that you have suffered financial damages to prove fault and obtain compensation. Consequently, it is always best to talk with a lawyer following an accident about the details of your specific case.
What happens if I was hurt in a refueling accident on the job?
If you are a maritime worker, the Jones Act may apply to you should you be injured in a refueling accident. This gives you extra protection as part of your employment in the maritime industry, but it is best to speak to a lawyer first about your case.
Speaking to a lawyer is also the best course of action when understanding whether or not the accident falls under maritime law. This is highly unlikely for most cases local to the Dallas area. But maritime law might apply depending on your circumstances if you were involved in an accident on the Texas Gulf Coast.
Whose insurance covers the costs of a boating accident, such as boating refueling explosions?
If you or a loved one were injured in a boating accident and the other party was found to be at fault, a boating accident lawyer would need to negotiate with the insurance company to obtain a fair settlement. Remember that insurance companies often do not have your best interests in mind. They will often look to work their way out of giving you a fair settlement in any way they can. An experienced boating accident lawyer is the best resource to communicate effectively with insurance companies.
Contact The Benton Law Firm today to discuss your case
You may be entitled to financial compensation if you or a loved one has been injured or worse in a boating accident. We understand that a boating accident due to another’s negligence or carelessness can leave a horrible, lasting impact on you, your family, and your finances. We will work to build a case that gives you the best possible chance to win the compensation that will help to pay for mounting medical bills and get your finances under control so that you can support your family.
Remember that Texas’ statute of limitations for many personal injury cases, including almost all boating cases, is two years. So it is in your best interest to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible after the accident about filing a claim. To speak with a member of our award-winning legal team about your case, please call the Dallas area boating accident lawyers of The Benton Law Firm at (214) 777-7777. Or start a chat with an online representative on our website today.