Murphy Personal Injury Attorneys
Personal injury suits are the type of lawsuit we all hope we never need. They mean that we were injured due to another person’s negligence or a company’s carelessness. If you have been hurt in Murphy, Texas, in an accident that wasn’t your fault and need help in getting compensation for your pain and injuries, the knowledgeable personal injury lawyers of The Benton Law Firm can help.
At The Benton Law Firm, we have spent years helping our clients recover from the damage caused by other people’s negligence and carelessness. When you have medical bills, lost wages, and other losses, we can help you present your case to the court and get the recovery you deserve. Contact The Benton Law Firm at (214) 777-7777 for a confidential consultation today.
Our firm has decades of experience helping people pursue compensation for their injuries in a broad variety of types of cases, including:
- Car Accidents. Perhaps the most common type of accident, and the one most frequently thought of as a personal injury case. Drivers, passengers, and pedestrians all need representation if they were hurt in this type of accident through no fault of their own.
- Truck Accidents. Nearly as common on the busy highways of Texas as car accidents, a crash of this type is a car accident multiplied by the size of the truck. Multiple parties could be at fault for this type of wreck, including the commercial carrier, the cargo loader, the truck driver, or the maintenance company.
- Motorcycle Accidents. When you ride a motorcycle, you are at risk of being injured even in a simple fall, but it’s much worse if you are hit by a car or truck. Bad roads, poor signage, and faulty equipment could also contribute to an accident.
- Bicycle Accidents. Because it’s even smaller than a motorcycle, and with less safety equipment, riding a bicycle on the road can be dangerous. If you are struck by a car while on a bike, you can expect to be injured even at low speeds.
- Boating Accidents. Boats are fun for everyone unless they run into each other. Then they become objects of liability for someone. If that someone is you, you need a knowledgeable attorney who can help you with your insurance claims.
- Scooter Injuries. Electric scooters have become a modern travel convenience, lightweight, portable, and reasonably fast over short distances. They also combine all the flaws of bicycles, motorcycles, and skateboards: If you fall off one, you are likely to be hurt and hurt badly.
- Lime Bike Injuries. The current trend of rental bikes has been a boon for commuters and pleasure-seekers alike. If you are injured while riding one, the liability may rest on the person who hit you, but if the bike itself was to blame, it may be the fault of the rental company.
- Dog Bites. Dogs bite because they are sick, hurt, or poorly trained. They are not to blame for biting. However, their owners may be.
- Pedestrian Accidents. Pedestrians in Texas are supposed to cross at crosswalks. When they do, they shouldn’t be hit by cars.
- False Imprisonment. This is a criminal charge and a serious one. But it can also be brought as a civil claim if the individual harmed the victim in any way during the incident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. One of the most frequent injuries suffered during car accidents, this serious injury can lead to paralysis, motor impairment, and other disability.
- Brain Injuries. Any head trauma is serious and can lead to brain injuries ranging from concussion to hematoma. These most severe of injuries can permanently alter the victim’s life.
- Burn Injuries. Burns are painful and disfiguring and require extensive treatment and reconstructive surgery. They can be caused by heat, fire, chemicals, or even friction due to being dragged along the road.
- Children’s Injuries. We never want to think of children being hurt. A child’s injuries are some of the worst things for anyone to deal with, particularly when the injuries were caused by another’s negligence.
- Commercial Litigation. This includes everything from slip and falls in the grocery store to product tampering to maintenance issues. Whenever a company is involved, you need an attorney who understands commercial litigation.
- Drug Injuries and Pharmaceutical Liability. This complex area of the law could involve a little medical malpractice and a little product liability. If you are injured because of poorly prescribed, designed, or compounded drugs, you need the help of someone with knowledge in that area.
- Premises Liability. Property owners have a duty to keep their premises safe and secure for those who use them, whether they are landlords of residential complexes or owners of malls. Any lapse in that duty opens them to premises liability claims.
- Product Liability. Bad design, bad manufacture, poorly written instructions, or just a broken product sold to you in the store could all be at the root of an injury you suffered because of a commercial product. Sellers are responsible for providing useable products to their buyers, no matter what it is.
- Sexual Harassment. This may be a criminal matter, but it can also be a civil case, depending on the degree and nature of the harassment.
- Work Place Accidents. In cases of workplace injury, an employee is entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. However, sometimes those benefits can be slow in coming or a worker’s claim can be denied.
- Teething Tablets. One specific instance in which an attorney’s help is required, these homeopathic tablets were found to contain belladonna, a harmful toxin. If your child was affected by this product, contact The Benton Law Firm at once.
- Wrongful Death. If a loved one dies due to another’s negligence, you have a right to fair compensation for your loss. Money cannot bring back your family member, but it can ease the pain of your loss just a little.
How We Can Help
If you live in the Murphy, TX area, and you have been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you need the assistance of The Benton Law Firm.
The legal team of The Benton Law Firm has been practicing in the Dallas area for many years and understands the needs of people like you who have been involved in serious accidents. We know that this has been a life-changing experience for you, and we want to help you get your life back on track.
You have bills to pay, injuries to heal, and you need to know the right way to proceed in accepting a settlement or fighting for compensation in your case in court. Our team of attorneys and legal professionals is ready with a sympathetic ear and a willingness to fight for you from the beginning of your claim all the way to trial. Reach out to The Benton Law Firm at (214) 777-7777 today for your free, confidential consultation.