Personal injury suits are the type of lawsuit we all hope we never need. They mean we were injured due to another person’s negligence or a company’s carelessness. Suppose you have been hurt in Murphy, Texas, in an accident that wasn’t your fault and need help getting compensation for your pain and injuries. In that case, the knowledgeable Murphy personal injury attorneys of The Benton Law Firm can help.
At The Benton Law Firm, we have spent years helping our clients recover from the damage caused by other people’s negligence and carelessness. When you have medical bills, lost wages, and other losses, we can help you present your case to the court and get the recovery you deserve. Contact The Benton Law Firm at (214) 777-7777 for a confidential consultation today.
Our firm has decades of experience helping people pursue compensation for their injuries in a wide variety of types of cases, including:
- Car Accidents. Perhaps the most common type of accident and the one most frequently thought of as a personal injury case. Drivers, passengers, and pedestrians need representation if they were hurt in this type of accident through no fault of their own.
- Truck Accidents. Nearly as common on the busy highways of Texas as car accidents, a crash of this type is a car accident multiplied by the size of the truck. Multiple parties could be at fault for this type of wreck, including the commercial carrier, the cargo loader, the truck driver, or the maintenance company.
- Motorcycle Accidents. When you ride a motorcycle, you are at risk of injury even in a simple fall, but it’s much worse if you are hit by a car or truck. Bad roads, poor signage, and faulty equipment could also contribute to an accident.
- Bicycle Accidents. Riding a bicycle on the road can be dangerous because it’s even smaller than a motorcycle and with less safety equipment. If you are struck by a car while on a bike, you can expect to be injured even at low speeds.
- Boating Accidents. Boats are fun for everyone unless they run into each other. Then they become objects of liability for someone. If that someone is you, you need a knowledgeable attorney to help you with your insurance claims.
- Bus Accidents. Bus accidents can lead to serious injuries and financial challenges. Causes include distracted, fatigued, or impaired driving, among others. Various parties, from drivers to manufacturers, can be liable. Victims have rights to compensation.
- Scooter Injuries. Electric scooters have become a modern travel convenience, lightweight, portable, and reasonably fast over short distances. They also combine all the flaws of bicycles, motorcycles, and skateboards: If you fall off one, you will likely be badly hurt.
- Lime Bike Injuries. The current trend of rental bikes has been a boon for commuters and pleasure-seekers alike. If you are injured while riding one, the liability may rest on the person who hit you, but if the bike itself was to blame, it might be the rental company’s fault.
- Dog Bites. Dogs bite because they are sick, hurt, or poorly trained. They are not to blame for biting. However, their owners may be.
- Pedestrian Accidents. Pedestrians in Texas are supposed to cross at crosswalks. When they do, they shouldn’t be hit by cars.
- False Imprisonment. This is a criminal charge and a serious one. But it can also be brought as a civil claim if the individual harmed the victim during the incident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. One of the most frequent injuries suffered during car accidents, this serious injury can lead to paralysis, motor impairment, and other disability.
- Brain Injuries. Any head trauma is serious and can lead to brain injuries ranging from concussion to hematoma. These most severe of injuries can permanently alter the victim’s life.
- Burn Injuries. Burns are painful and disfiguring and require extensive treatment and reconstructive surgery. They can be caused by heat, fire, chemicals, or even friction due to being dragged along the road.
- Children’s Injuries. We never want to think of children being hurt. A child’s injuries are some of the worst things for anyone, particularly when another’s negligence caused the injuries.
- Commercial Litigation. This includes everything from slips and falls in the grocery store to product tampering to maintenance issues. You need an attorney who understands commercial litigation whenever a company is involved.
- Premises Liability. Property owners must keep their premises safe and secure for those who use them, whether they are landlords of residential complexes or owners of malls. Any lapse in that duty opens them to premises liability claims.
- Product Liability. Bad design, bad manufacture, poorly written instructions, or just a broken product sold to you in the store could all be at the root of an injury you suffered because of a commercial product. Sellers are responsible for providing useable products to their buyers, no matter what it is.
- Sexual Harassment. This may be a criminal matter, but it can also be a civil case, depending on the degree and nature of the harassment.
- Work Place Accidents. In workplace injury cases, employees are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. However, sometimes those benefits take a long time to collect, or a worker’s claim can be denied.
- Wrongful Death. If a loved one dies due to another’s negligence, you have a right to fair compensation for your loss. Money cannot bring back your family member, but it can ease the pain of your loss just a little.
How Our Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help
If you live in the Murphy, TX area, and you have been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you need the assistance of The Benton Law Firm.
The Murphy personal injury attoarneys of The Benton Law Firm has been practicing in the Dallas area for many years and understands the needs of people like you who have been involved in serious accidents. We know this has been a life-changing experience for you, and we want to help you get your life back on track.
You have bills to pay and injuries to heal, and you need to know the right way to proceed in accepting a settlement or fighting for compensation in your case in court. Our team of attorneys and legal professionals is ready with a sympathetic ear and a willingness to fight for you from the beginning of your claim to trial. Reach out to The Benton Law Firm at (214) 777-7777 today for your free, confidential consultation.