Dallas Attorneys for Car Accidents Caused by Reckless Driving
While all motorists are required to drive carefully, some disregard traffic rules and laws. That puts everyone on the road at risk for a serious accident. If you have been the victim of a car accident caused by reckless driving, a Dallas car accident attorney from The Benton Law Firm can pursue accountability and justice on your behalf. Our experienced legal team has recovered millions in compensation for injured victims like you. We know how to investigate car accidents and prepare a persuasive case to recover your losses.
If you have been involved in a car accident caused by a reckless driver, contact The Benton Law Firm for a free initial case review. You’ll meet with a Dallas car accident lawyer from our legal team. We can sit down with you to review your legal rights and advise you on how we can help you get the money you deserve.
Why Hire The Benton Law Firm After a Reckless Driving Accident?
After you’ve been in an accident with a reckless driver, you should not pursue a claim for compensation alone. Your time and energy will likely be taken up by your treatment and recovery from your injuries. In addition, you may encounter complex laws and legal processes in pursuing your claims that you’re not familiar with.
Let a Dallas car accident lawyer from The Benton Law Firm help you to recover the compensation you deserve by:
- Providing you with knowledgeable legal advice about your rights.
- Guide you through the claims and litigation process.
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed correctly and filed on time
- Communicating on your behalf with the insurance company to prevent insurers from taking advantage of your vulnerable situation to pay you less than fair and full compensation
- Representing you at the negotiating table and advocating on your behalf in court and at trial.
What Should You Do After Being in a Reckless Driving Accident?
Following a car accident that a reckless driver caused, actions you should take to preserve your options for pursuing a legal claim for compensation include:
- If possible, try to take photos and video of the accident scene, including details such as vehicle damage, skid marks or debris on the road, and traffic controls. Do not post anything on social media!
- Go to the hospital or schedule an appointment with your primary physician as soon as possible to get examined for any injuries you may have suffered in the crash
- Follow your doctor’s treatment instructions
- Retain copies of your bills and invoices for expenses that you incur due to your injuries or vehicle damage
- Consider keeping a journal of the pain and daily difficulties you experience as a result of your injury
Finally, speak to a reckless driving accident attorney from The Benton Law Firm to discuss your legal options and how you can pursue compensation for your injuries and losses.
What Is Reckless Driving?
Under Texas law, reckless driving is defined as operating a vehicle with willful or wanton disregard for the safety of other persons or their property. In other words, reckless driving occurs when a motorist consciously ignores that their behavior on the road creates a substantial risk of an accident and injury to persons or property. Examples of driving behavior that is often considered reckless driving include:
- Excessive speeding, usually more than 30 mph above the posted or legal speed limit
- Darting between lanes in traffic
- Turning or changing lanes without signaling or checking mirrors for other vehicles or pedestrians
- Street racing
Common Injuries Suffered in Reckless Driving Accidents
Reckless driving accidents can lead to a wide range of injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries to ligaments, tendons, cartilage, or muscle
- Nerve damage resulting in chronic pain
- Internal organ damage and internal bleeding
- Herniated disc injury
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Compensation You Could Receive for a Reckless Driving Accident
After a reckless driver has injured you, you deserve to obtain compensation for losses you’ve suffered due to injuries and property damage. At The Benton Law Firm, a reckless driving accident attorney will fight to get you financial recovery for:
- Expenses for medical treatment and physical rehabilitation of injuries
- Long-term care expenses if the accident leaves you with permanent disabilities or impairments
- Car repair bills, or the value of your vehicle if it was totaled or destroyed by the accident
- Loss of wages or income if you miss time from work to recover from the accident
- Loss of future income and employment benefits if you are permanently disabled from work
- Physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life due to disabilities or disfigurement
Reckless Driving FAQs
Frequent questions we get from our reckless driving accident clients include the following:
How long do I have to file a lawsuit after being injured by a reckless driver?
The statute of limitations in Texas typically gives you two years from the date of the car accident you were involved in to file a lawsuit against the driver at fault for the crash. Filing suit, after the limitations period expires may lead to your case being promptly dismissed for being late.
Is the other driver automatically at fault for the accident if they were cited for reckless driving?
A criminal reckless driving charge against the other driver in the accident involves a separate legal proceeding from your civil reckless driving accident case. In your accident case, you must prove that the other driver caused the crash. However, if the other driver is convicted of reckless driving, that conviction can serve as critical evidence to show that they were responsible for the accident.
How much does a reckless driving attorney cost?
When you hire a lawyer from The Benton Law Firm to represent you in your reckless driving claim, you will never need to pay us any money upfront. We represent clients on a contingency-fee-basis, which means we are paid legal fees only when we recover compensation for you. The money will come through an insurance claim, settlement, or an award in your favor at trial.
Contact The Benton Law Firm to Talk to a Reckless Driving Attorney About Your Case
You deserve aggressive legal representation to protect your rights after being in a car accident caused by another motorist’s reckless driving. Call us at (214) 777-7777 or online to set up a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Learn more about what a Dallas car accident lawyer from The Benton Law Firm can do to help you recover the compensation and justice you deserve.