Dallas Attorneys for Car Accidents Caused by Speeding
If you were in a car accident caused by a speeding driver, you may have been seriously hurt or even lost a loved one. You could also be racking up financial debt due to the medical bills you’re getting for treating your injuries. You have the right to demand accountability and justice for your injuries and losses. Let the Dallas car accident attorneys of The Benton Law Firm help you by taking on your insurance claim or lawsuit and vigorously pursuing the compensation you need after the accident. Our firm has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for other injured car accident victims. We want to help you, too, so reach out today.
After you have been injured in an accident caused by a speeding driver, contact us for a free initial case review. We’ll talk about how our Dallas car accident lawyers can help you to recover the financial compensation you deserve.
Why Hire The Benton Law Firm after a Car Accident Caused by Speeding?
When you have a car accident claim, you should not have to pursue your legal rights alone. You deserve to focus your time and energy on your physical and emotional recovery from the accident. The legal system can seem incredibly complicated for someone with little experience in legal claims. Turn to The Benton Law Firm because of the following:
- Our attorneys’ legal knowledge can help when your case involves complex legal issues
- Our experience in handling car accident cases enables us to value your claim appropriately
- Our aggressive approach demands full compensation for you from the insurance company and the at-fault driver
What Should You Do After Being Involved in a Car Accident Caused by Speeding?
After being hit by a speeding driver, actions you can take to protect your legal options for pursuing compensation for injuries or losses you suffer from the accident include:
- Take photos or video of the accident scene, damage to the cars involved in the crash, and any visible injuries you suffered.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible to have a doctor or other medical professional diagnose the injuries you sustained in the accident.
- Follow your medical provider’s treatment instructions and recommendations.
- Retain copies of bills, invoices, receipts, and pay stubs/income statements.
- Keep a journal to document your recovery, noting the pain and impairments your injuries cause you.
- Avoid discussing the accident or your case on social media or posting photos or videos of yourself while still undergoing treatment for your car accident injuries, as social media posts can be used to undercut your claims or credibility.
Finally, speak with a Dallas car accident lawyer from The Benton Law Firm. We can go over the next steps you and our firm can take to pursue the financial recovery you need and deserve.
Recovering Compensation After a Car Accident Caused by Speeding
When you have been involved in a car accident caused by a speeding driver, you may be entitled to recover compensation for the expenses and losses you have suffered. At The Benton Law Firm, we will pursue full financial recovery on your behalf for the following:
- Medical and physical rehabilitation expenses
- Costs of long-term care for permanent disability
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
- The ongoing loss of wages/income and loss of future earning potential
- Physical pain and emotional distress
Injuries Suffered in Speeding Accidents
Examples of injuries suffered in car accidents caused by speeding include:
- Broken Bones
- Soft tissue injuries, such as torn ligaments or tendons, or herniated spinal discs
- Internal injury and bleeding
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Head and facial injuries
- Brain/Head Trauma
Why Is Speeding So Dangerous?
Speeding, especially excessive speeding, is considered a dangerous driving behavior for a couple of reasons. First, speeding means that a driver has less time to react to a danger, an emergency, or another situation. A vehicle traveling at a higher speed will also need a longer distance to slow down and come to a stop. Speeding, therefore, increases the likelihood of a driver getting into a car accident.
Second, speeding also tends to increase the severity of injuries suffered in a car accident. A car that is traveling faster will create greater forces in a collision, which has a higher chance of causing serious or life-threatening injuries to car occupants involved in the accident.
Speeding Accident FAQs
Common questions that victims of speeding accidents have include:
How long do I have to file a car accident lawsuit?
After you have been involved in a car accident, Texas’s statute of limitations gives you only two years from the crash date to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. If you wait too long to file your case, the court may permanently dismiss your lawsuit. If that happens, you may lose the opportunity to recover compensation from the speeding driver.
What if the driver at fault for the accident doesn’t have insurance?
If you were hit by a speeding driver who doesn’t have liability insurance as required by Texas law, or if the at-fault driver’s insurance coverage won’t fully compensate you, you may have another option. You could turn to your own auto insurance if you purchased uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in your policy.
Should I settle with the insurance company?
Soon after a car accident, you may be contacted by the insurance company and offered a quick settlement to get you the cash you need for medical bills or vehicle repairs. However, remember that the insurance company wants to avoid paying you any more money than it must. Insurers often offer quick settlements after a car accident that only pay a fraction of the total losses an accident victim will suffer. They often do this before an injured accident victim realizes the scope of their injuries and losses. You should never accept an insurance settlement without speaking to a Dallas car accident attorney. Our lawyers from The Benton Law Firm can review your case’s details and advise you on how much compensation you deserve- contact us today.
Contact The Benton Law Firm to Speak to a Car Accident Attorney About Your Rights
Don’t wait to get started on your claim for compensation after a speeding driver hit you. Contact us online, or call The Benton Law Firm at (214) 777-7777 today for a free, no-obligation consultation. You can discuss your legal options with one of our Dallas car accident lawyers.