If you or someone you love has suffered severe burns due to someone else’s reckless or careless actions, the El Paso burn injury lawyers of The Benton Law Firm are ready to help you. Burn injuries usually require extensive (and costly) medical treatment. Your road to recovery could be long and difficult. You don’t have to suffer alone, nor should you pay out of pocket for someone else’s mistakes. By hiring an experienced burn injury lawyer, you could collect compensation from the responsible party to help you pay for the costs associated with this unexpected accident.
Over a million burn injuries require medical attention annually across the United States. This resulted in 45,000 hospitalizations and 4,500 fatalities. Some accidents, including motor vehicle accidents, defective products, or workplace accidents, can cause burn injuries. They can range in severity from first-degree to third-degree burns.
If you or someone you know has suffered a burn injury due to someone else’s actions, you have a legal right to recover financial compensation to pay for medical bills and other expenses. Many insurance companies, landlords, and other liable parties will do anything in their power to minimize payouts. That leaves victims in dire financial circumstances that impact their future. At The Benton Law Firm, our El Paso injury lawyers will fight for you every step of the way to ensure you recover the compensation needed to pay for every expense. To learn more about how our experienced team of lawyers can help you, contact us today at (915) 320-8000, and take the first step in moving on with your life.
Why You Need an El Paso Burn Injury Lawyer
The aftermath of an accident is a highly stressful time for burn victims and their families. After accepting the reality of the situation and how their lives have been changed, they may be facing multiple surgeries, months of rehabilitation, and a stack of medical bills with no idea of how to pay them. All of this stress and anxiety is more than any one person should have to handle. And while you may believe there’s no way you can afford to incur additional costs by hiring an attorney, the chances of winning your case and recovering the financial compensation you need without a personal injury lawyer are slim to none.
The legal process can be highly involved and complicated, especially for those who don’t understand the ins and outs of filing an injury claim. You also may have to deal with insurance companies whose primary goal is to avoid paying victims the money they deserve. By hiring a burn injury attorney to handle your case, you can rest easy knowing an experienced professional is working hard on your behalf. Then you can focus on the most important thing: recovering from your injuries.
Why Choose Us?
At The Benton Law Firm, we promise to do everything possible and leave no stone unturned to recover every penny you are owed following your accident. We’ve built our reputation in the El Paso community as a law firm that not only holds negligent parties responsible for their reckless actions but treats each client with the care and compassion they deserve.
With decades of experience representing burn injury victims resulting in millions of dollars in settlements, we know firsthand how trying this time in your life is and are dedicated to being by your side every step of the way. From investigating every aspect of the fire and accident to calling on expert witnesses, we will diligently examine all aspects of the case to maximize your payout and get you back on your feet and on with your life.
Causes of Burn Injuries
From first- to third-degree, burn injuries are incredibly traumatic for victims, especially when caused by a person’s negligence. From apartment or houses fires caused by landlords who don’t inspect or update their property to car accidents, there are many possible causes of burns, including the following:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: All motor vehicle accidents risk fire or explosion due to gasoline, transforming a difficult situation into a dangerous or even life-threatening one.
- Kitchen Fires: The National Fire Protection Association reports that cooking equipment is responsible for almost half of all home structure fires and fire injuries.
- Workplace Injuries: Workplace burn injuries can vary depending on your place of work. But many industries (such as manufacturing) present the risk of chemical burns when handling caustic compounds like acids and bases. If protocols aren’t followed, or safety equipment is faulty, it could result in serious, life-altering burns.
- Electric Fires: When electrical wiring or equipment isn’t properly installed or maintained due to the negligent actions of construction workers or landlords, it can short out and cause structural fires that could lead to burn injuries.
- Faulty Products: From toasters and slow cookers to hairdryers, products that involve an open flame or electrical heat malfunction could lead to severe burns.
- Scalding: Scalding occurs when the skin comes in contact with hot liquids. This includes drinks like coffee or tea that are too hot or even overly hot water in showers or baths.
- Smoking: Leaving an unextinguished cigarette on the porch or inside can light furniture and other home objects on fire, spreading to other units and floors in an apartment.
Burns damage the skin and nerves below the skin’s surface, causing extreme pain and scarring. In many cases, burns may require surgery to remove dead tissue or a skin graft to cover the burned area with skin from another area of the body.
Contact Our El Paso Burn Injury Lawyers Today
The devastating consequences of a burn injury caused by a reckless individual or party can have a lasting impact on your life. You need an experienced and knowledgeable legal mind to take on insurance companies, landlords, and others responsible for your injury. To schedule a free consultation and take the first step in recovering the compensation you are owed, contact the El Paso burn injuries lawyers of The Benton Law Firm today by calling (915) 320-8000.