Dallas Rollover Accidents Attorneys
As difficult as it may be to think beyond your initial recovery, there will come a time when the costs associated with your care after a rollover accident have to be addressed. As you are probably well aware of by now, these costs can accumulate quickly and may continue to increase more than you anticipated over time. However, if you were injured in a rollover accident that was caused by the carelessness of another individual, you may be able to receive compensation that can offset the cost of your recovery.
By reaching out to a Dallas rollover attorney at The Benton Law Firm, we can help you understand what legal action you may be able to take to hold the responsible party accountable for your pain and suffering. Our legal team has the experience and the resources you will need to take on your case.
Why You Need a Dallas Rollover Attorney
Dealing with the aftermath of a rollover accident is extremely overwhelming. You need to be able to focus on healing and getting over whatever trauma you’ve experienced, rather than dealing with a complex legal case.
At The Benton Law Firm, we understand what it takes to build a strong case. Our team of experienced lawyers, investigators, legal aids, and accident recreation experts will put all of our resources towards finding evidence in your favor and getting you the compensation you deserve.
After a severe rollover accident, you’re likely facing expensive medical bills, physical therapy, loss of wages, emotional distress, and more. You may be entitled to compensation to cover all of that and ease your suffering.
It’s important to know that, without an experienced rollover attorney at your side, you likely will not receive the settlement you deserve. Insurance companies will do everything in their power to convince you to accept a one-time settlement that will be significantly less than you could get with the help of a lawyer.
At The Benton Law Firm, we’ve helped fellow Texans secure fair compensation for the harm they’ve suffered due to the negligence of others. Our satisfied clients will tell you that we handled cases the right way. We do it by giving each client the personal attention their case deserves and working our hardest to get you the compensation you deserve.
Rollovers Caused by Other Drivers
When drivers operate their vehicle so recklessly that they cause another vehicle to roll over, accident victims have every right to pursue legal action in order to hold drivers accountable for their dangerous behavior. Whether your accident was caused by a drunk driver, a reckless driver, a driver who was exceeding the speed limit, or any other form of driver error, we can help you pursue compensation for your injuries.
Some of the most common causes of rollover accidents include the following:
- Drunk Driving: According to the NHTSA, there were 10,511 deaths caused by drunk driving accidents in 2018. In Texas, drunk driving is when a driver gets behind the wheel with a BAC of .08 or higher. For underage drinkers, any amount of alcohol constitutes drunk driving. If you have been in a rollover accident caused by a drunk driver, The Benton Law Firm can help you build a strong case against the drunk driver and possibly against the establishment that over-served the driver.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving occurs when drivers take to the road with seemingly no regard for the safety of others. Distracted driving, especially texting while driving, is unfortunately common these days, and accidents occur as a result. The Benton Law Firm has the resources to investigate your case and prove that your rollover was due to reckless driving.
- Speeding: According to the Department of Safety, Dallas-Fort Worth roads have some of the fastest drivers – the highest ticket of 2019 being 86 miles over the speed limit. Drivers going over the speed limit have no concern for the drivers around them and routinely cause catastrophic accidents. Our attorneys know the laws in and out and can help you win a case against a speeding driver.
Rollovers Caused by Auto Defect
Rollover accidents are closely associated with SUVs because of these vehicles’ high center of gravity. Though steps have been taken to help mitigate accidents that are caused by the design flaws inherent to SUVs, the fact remains that many older models are still on the road. If your rollover can be traced back to this or any other design or manufacturing defect, you may be able to hold the liable company responsible for your accident.
A study done by the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration shows that most passenger cars have about a 10% chance of a rollover if involved in a crash. SUVs have between 14% and 23%. That means that even the safest SUVs are more prone to rollover crashes than other passenger vehicles.
Rollovers Caused by Road Defect
Serious road defects can cause vehicles to roll over, particularly if the vehicle is moving at higher speeds. Generally speaking, Dallas or the state of Texas is responsible for maintaining the safety of public roadways in the city. However, construction companies are sometimes liable for some aspects of road maintenance within their specified construction zone.
Proving liability is one of the most difficult things to do when building a case, especially if you try to do it on your own. When you reach out to The Benton Law Firm, we can help you determine exactly who may be held accountable for your accident.
Common Rollover Accident Injuries
Rollover accidents are one of the most dangerous types of car accidents that occur on the road. The sheer weight of a vehicle turning over, often while on busy roads, can lead to catastrophic and potentially fatal injuries. Many times, in a rollover accident, the passengers can be ejected from the vehicle, causing even worse injuries.
Common rollover accident injuries include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Head and neck injuries
- Back, spine, and spinal cord injuries (including total or partial paralysis)
- Amputation of limbs
- Internal organ damage / crushing injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Broken bones and fractures
Depending on the nature of the crash and the extent of your injuries, you could be eligible for significant compensation from the at-fault party. In general, you could seek damages including:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings (if disabled)
- Nursing care
- Transportation to treatment
- Home modifications
- Medical devices
- Loss of consortium
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
In rare cases, the court might award punitive damages to punish the defendant for gross negligence or willful misconduct. To better understand your rights to compensation and what you might expect from your injury case, contact an experienced attorney right away.
Consult with a Rollover Attorney in Dallas
At The Benton Law Firm, we understand just how much may depend on the outcome of this claim for you and your family. Our legal team is committed to developing a comprehensive legal strategy to hold the party responsible for your accident accountable and can help you take the necessary steps to pursue compensation. To speak with a lawyer about the specifics of your accident, please call our offices at (214) 777-7777 today.