Commercial litigation is a broad term that covers business disputes which ended negatively. These disputes can have drastic financial consequences to your company or yourself individually if they force your business to come to a standstill before any negotiations occur. If you are facing a business or commercial dispute, do not hesitate to contact an experienced Dallas commercial litigation attorney.
Types of Commercial Litigation
Commercial and business dispute litigation include the following matters:
- Contract disputes: contracts are quite lengthy and any disagreement within the document can lead to heated negotiations that can disrupt the contract itself.
- Oil and gas disputes: Texas is known for its oil and gas production, and any oil and gas leases can quickly become disputed in relation to royalty payments and other provisions of the lease agreement.
- Employment disputes: most employees enter into a contract with their employer upon beginning a job which outlines their duties and any other provisions, such as non-competes and confidentiality agreements. If these provisions are breached, you may have a claim under the agreement.
- Intellectual property disputes: These typically occur if you have not received compensation or credit or royalties for your own design or product.
- Real estate disputes: real estate transactions include many different types of contracts which can be breached if one party was not forthcoming about an issue present at the time of the contract.
Commercial litigation also covers many other contract and business disputes which are unique to specific industries. Any dispute or breach of contract can have dire repercussions for your business and you face the potential of losing money each day the dispute continues. An experienced Dallas commercial litigation lawyer will work hard to quickly resolve the dispute and ensure that you do not lose any further money in the process. The party responsible for any dispute may be required to compensate you for any financial injuries you have received during the period of the business dispute. A business cannot run forward while attempting to resolve a business dispute, and this standstill can often have dire repercussions to your business.
Certain attorneys have geared their practice toward contract drafting and business law, but these same attorneys may not be able to protect you in case of commercial litigation or business disputes which occur as a result of these contracts. The Benton Law Firm‘s Dallas commercial litigation attorney is experienced in defending clients who are unable to agree with the terms of a contract or have experienced a breach of contract. Business negotiations can sometimes be difficult to fully agree on and often require a thorough understanding of contract law, the business industry, and the specifics of your unique situation. Our attorney will carefully analyze all aspects of the contract and business in order to give you the best advice to proceed forward either with negotiations or litigation.
Contact our Dallas offices today at (214) 219-4878 for your initial free consultation and we will work hard to ensure you do not suffer any further financial injuries. View a full list of our practice areas on our home page.