Dallas Mercury Poisoning Attorneys
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury from mercury poisoning, the effects can be devastating. Mercury poisoning can occur over time and in a number of settings. It can occur in industrial manufacturing, during medical or dental treatment, or from breathing contaminated air or ingesting contaminated food or water. Mercury poisoning can cause brain damage, learning disabilities, and autism. It can also harm the kidneys and nervous system. If you or a loved one are dealing with any of these symptoms, The Benton Law Firm is here to help you.
Although dealing with the effects of mercury poisoning can be a difficult journey, the personal injury and premises liability attorneys at The Benton Law Firm are ready to provide you with guidance in obtaining compensation for your injuries. We will help you understand each step of the process and assist you in making the best decisions to achieve the highest quality of life possible. We are client-focused and care deeply about the results of your case. Call us today at (214) 777-7777 for a free confidential initial consultation.
Do I Need a Mercury Poisoning Attorney?
There are many possible ways to be exposed to mercury because it is a naturally occurring element that is found in many places in nature. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has strict guidelines that limit the levels of exposure that are permissible by law. This is a complex legal area that an experienced mercury poisoning attorney is best suited to address.
Because of the many possibilities for exposure, an attorney who has dealt with this type of case and has strong attention to detail will provide the best representation. A knowledgeable attorney understands the potential pitfalls that need to be avoided. Often an attorney will also need to obtain experts to assist with mercury poisoning cases, and an attorney who is well-versed in this area will be able to effectively employ experts to make the strongest case on your behalf.
Why Choose The Benton Law Firm to Handle My Case?
Locating a skillful and compassionate attorney to assist you with your mercury poisoning case can be overwhelming. At The Benton Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing effective representation for each and every client. We take pride in keeping your best interest as our guiding principle. We are experienced negotiators, advocates, and trial attorneys who will go the distance to obtain successful results in your case.
The founder of The Benton Law Firm, Jeff Benton, previously practiced law at a large firm and has an excellent track record of obtaining large verdicts for clients in premises liability cases. Since forming The Benton Law Firm, Jeff has pursued hundreds of cases with great success. As an esteemed trial lawyer, Jeff has been honored with the John Howie award for pursuing justice in the face of adversity. The Dallas Trial Lawyers Association bestowed this award on Jeff in 2013. Jeff is also highly rated by his clients and has a superb 10/10 rating on Avvo.
At The Benton Law Firm, our greatest joy is in helping you recover the compensation that you deserve. We work as a team to effectively and efficiently pursue your case and keep you informed about its progress. You can trust that we will leave no stone unturned in seeking the best result possible in your case.
Exposure to Mercury
There are several typical ways to be exposed to mercury. They include the following:
- Metallic form: In its metallic form, mercury is a liquid at room temperature. This type of mercury is used in batteries, thermometers, lightbulbs, and electrical switches. If it is exposed to the air, mercury can evaporate and this creates a hazardous breathing environment. This can be a danger in industrial settings and on other premises where something like a broken fluorescent light bulb can expose individuals to mercury.
- Organic mercury: Mercury can organically combine with carbon. This is the type of mercury that may be found in fish, such as tuna and other varieties. In particular, women of childbearing age and children should avoid eating varieties of fish that are known to have a high mercury content. However, ingested mercury is harder for the body to absorb than if it is breathed in.
- Inorganic mercury: When mercury combines with other elements, it creates combinations that are sometimes used in the manufacturing of ointments and creams.
If you think you were exposed to mercury in any of the above ways and are now suffering from injuries or illness, The Benton Law Firm can help. Contact us immediately for a free consultation about your case.
Pursuing a Mercury Poisoning Case
When a property owner fails to maintain a property that is free of mercury, they may be acting negligently. For example, if a light bulb breaks and mercury is exposed to the air, the property owner must take proper measures to clean it up so that individuals who come onto the property are not put at risk.
If you have been a victim of mercury poisoning on someone else’s property, you may have a viable mercury poisoning claim. Your attorney must demonstrate all of the necessary elements that need to be proven in court. There are four major components of negligence:
- The property owner had a duty to keep you safe, which can be proved by demonstrating that you were legally on the property at the time you were exposed to mercury;
- The property owner failed in their duty to you, which can be proved using photographs and video from the scene of the accident, records from the property manager, witness testimony, and other evidence;
- The property owner’s failure directly caused your injuries, which can be proved using medical records and expert testimony;
- Your injuries caused you significant damages, which can be proved using your medical bills and other receipts.
Experts are usually required to sort out what caused your symptoms and to make a case that they stemmed from your exposure to mercury. The personal injury and premises liability attorneys at The Benton Law Firm can help you determine whether your case has a good chance of meeting the required standards.
Contact Us Today
The Benton Law Firm is ready to assist you if you have suffered an injury or illness from mercury poisoning. The injuries that occur with mercury poisoning have permanent effects, and we want to help you recover as much compensation as possible. After a consultation with a member of our Dallas premises liability team, we will be able to discuss your options for moving forward and seeking the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today on this website or by calling (214) 777-7777.