Frequently Asked Questions
The Dallas personal injury attorneys of The Benton Law Firm know that in the event of an accident, you likely have many questions about your type of claim, the legal process, and the type and manner of compensation that you may be owed. While only an experienced attorney can evaluate your case and tell you the specifics, you may find some helpful answers to general questions in the frequently asked questions below:
If you’ve lost a loved one in Dallas due to the negligence of another party, be it an individual, government entity, or corporation, then you are legally entitled to compensation. In these FAQ’s, we will cover what exactly wrongful death is under Texas Law, when you can sue, and what you are entitled to compensation for.
- How do I know if I have a wrongful death case?
- What are some examples of this negligence?
- I am a surviving family member. How do I know if I can file a claim?
- What can I be compensated for in a wrongful death claim?
- My partner was our financial support. How will I support the family going forward?
- This event has changed my life. How can I be compensated?
- Are there any other damages you can seek for my family?